Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Vicbuilder

Name: Vicbuilder
Default Stock Alpine IPod video cable capability question
So just picked up the new 2010 yesterday. We opted for the mid-level Alpine system. Didn't know it before delivery, but I guess there is a cable that you can hook to it so your IPod will play its videos on the screen. I ordered it today, but won't see it for a few days.
Couple of questions:
Anyone done this yet? Dealer says it plugs into the back and I'll have to pull the stereo out and run the cord. Where then does the cord come out? I thought I had read in the Alpine manual you could use either of the existing ports to plug in to.
Dealer also says that the park brake will have to be on to play videos. Sounds like a typical safety deal. Hypothetically (of course) a person could, say, wire in a toggle switch in the e-brake circut to mimic the brake being on, and have video play while driving. Not that i would of course, but that sure would be nice for the passenger on long road trips.....hypothetically.....
Vicbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote