Go Back   Scion XD Forum > Members Hangout > Introductions

Introductions Are you new to the forums? Come in here and posts a little about ya!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
hep2

Name: Rick
Default electronic upgrades
Hi, I go by Rick or hep2. I'm new to this forum, i've owned my xd for almost 2 years and I love it.I got the whole trd susspension package and I realy like the way it handles. Great mpg with the 5 speed manual and nothing special on the rest of the car except maby the 16" alloy wheels although I was dis appointed to find out the were painted rather than polished,oh well less work to maintain. I got the car to transport my model aircraft to the feild and it makes a great aircraft carrier it also doubles as a comuter. the main thing I would realy like to change about my xd is the acceleration it seems to be lacking a bit in that department and now that the power train warrenty is done it's time to mod.I am most interested in bolt on electronic upgrades has any body tried the SLR chips? do throttle rate changing devices change porformance or just throttle rate?
hep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #2

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
get a short ram intake and short throw kit. maybe lightened pulley's and flywheel? I'm not sure of exhaust stuff cuz there aren't many options.
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Welcome. Yes agree with above options (well other than Short throw, it is a good mod and will help have faster shifts but as far as actually affecting acceleration wouldn't have any real affect) but also check out:

http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429

I am looking to get this hopefully. It helps adjust the throttle response of the electronic throttle. It has multiple settings.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #4

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

if you can shorten the time between shifts, you will get going quicker. I have also found that by holding the clutch in a little thru the 1-2 shift hold the car in VVTI. And i knew i was forgetting something, that E-throttle controller. works wonders in our Prius
Old 05-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Ehh I can see what you are saying. Shorter shifts and you lose less momentum/forward acceleration in between shifts since not taking as long to get to the next gear.

I personally wouldn't say actually helps improve acceleration but it helps you not lose so much forward acceleration when shifting due to the time it takes to shift. If that makes since.

So get it if you can but dont make it the first mod in an attempt to improve acceleration. How is that.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #6

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

certainly get a short ram intake first. but Op asked what can be done. I just had no particular order
Old 05-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

lol agree. ok

So list so far in no particular order

Intake
Electronic Throttle Controller (ETC)
Pulley (lightened)
Short Throw Shift Kit