Go Back   Scion XD Forum > Members Hangout > Introductions

Introductions Are you new to the forums? Come in here and posts a little about ya!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #21

imageex

Name: Image Ex
Haha.. all the looks I got driving home. I think I almost caused a few accidents. The three cops I passed stared me down also haha.
imageex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #22

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
HAHAAHA, That is awesome!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Cylon_xD View Post
wow Ted, I just don't see how you can be running 8" wide wheels over my 7.5", +35 offset over my +45 (which sets your wheels OUT 10mm further), and 245 tires over my 225 (another 10mm), and not scrape more often - OH, you said TRD springs - that's a 1" drop compared to 1 3/4" drop for DF210's and almost 2 1/2" for the Progress; you definitely are not sitting as low in the front... I figure the surface of your sidewalls are sitting 26mm out further than mine, a full inch, they must actually sit outside the wheel well a little!

Looking horizontally, the tops of my front tires are actually tucked under the wheel well lip about a 1/4 inch, and you can barely stick a single finger between the edge of the tire tread and the wheel well liner at the closest point... I also only have about an inch and a half of travel on my shocks before they bottom out, even with the bump stops cut short, so I bottom out real easy if I'm not careful...

Yea I have a good inch and a half to 2 inches between tire and fender. Which is why only large bumps cause scraping... BTW, I only scraped in the rear, never once in the front. My Summer set up is pretty much completely flush.

Sorry but these are the best pics that I have of the summer set up:

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #23

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Yep, you're flush alright! I guess we either have a choice of going with wide wheels/tires or a low drop, but not both! I sure hope narrower tires eliminate most of my scraping, I'd really hate to have to go through installing taller springs or spend the money to buy different wheels... but I probably won't be needing new tires until sometime in 2011, either... Thus, the scraping continues!

OK, sorry for the threadjack, Imageex... and, I love your new "paint job" - you're a star, lol!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #24

imageex

No worries haha. This is actually of interest to me because I want to go wider eventually
Old 01-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #25

imageex

http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/sh...=4025#post4025

There's some more shots of my car. I'm going to be putting the on the DF210's on the 19th
Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #26
katchkillah
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Kory
Originally Posted by imageex View Post
I got asked to Sadies today. This is what I found when I got out of class. You wanted some pictures of my car haha

that's crazy, good thing wasnt toilet paper. that was a B to take off!!!