Go Back   Scion XD Forum > Members Hangout > Introductions

Introductions Are you new to the forums? Come in here and posts a little about ya!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #1

KylexD
Full Access Member

Name: Kyle
Default New member, KylexD, 2010 xD
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and the culture. I just recently purchased a 2010 Scion xD and to say the least I LOVE IT. It is my first car purchase, as well as my first manual vehicle, so I am a little rusty but for the most part im doing well with it. I just wanted to introduce myself, and im here to discuss the xD and different mod and upgrade options for it.
KylexD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #2

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
welcome to the forums! be sure to check out scionlife for info as well. plenty out there and still growing in our little community. any specific mods in mind?
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #3

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

Name: Evan
whats going on!!! welcome and good luck with the ride. not much off the shelf but plenty of ideas and topics to keep ya busy on here

Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #4

KylexD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by 1sweetxd View Post
whats going on!!! welcome and good luck with the ride. not much off the shelf but plenty of ideas and topics to keep ya busy on here
Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD View Post
welcome to the forums! be sure to check out scionlife for info as well. plenty out there and still growing in our little community. any specific mods in mind?

Theres a couple things I would like to do, im not too knowledgeable when it comes to cars but I am learning. I would like to increse the performance in my xD, maybe upgrade the exhaust. One thing I havent been able to find at all is OEM smoked headlights and tail lights. I guess the car is too new.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #5

jester4666
Full Access Member

Name: Jeff
welcome. just smoke them yourself.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #6

KylexD
Full Access Member

Oh right. That looks pretty good. Is there a "how to" around here for doing that. How does it effect the brightness of your lights?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Name: Rob
Welcome to the site, lots of helpful info out there. First thing your going to want to do is get rid of the wheel gap with some good springs. Not a ton of performance parts but they are out there.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #8

jester4666
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by KylexD View Post
Oh right. That looks pretty good. Is there a "how to" around here for doing that. How does it effect the brightness of your lights?
in the back the lights are ok. in the front i put in some 10k HIDs, so i can see so much better now.

as far as a DIY, i'm sure there are plenty around the web. i dunno about on here though.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #9

KylexD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by robbiej View Post
Welcome to the site, lots of helpful info out there. First thing your going to want to do is get rid of the wheel gap with some good springs. Not a ton of performance parts but they are out there.
Yeah yeah. Well I have been in alot of lowered cars, and when its lowered you can tell by the way it rides...or atleast i think i can tell. Point being- I think the guy who had the car right before me may have lowered it, it rides real tight if that makes sense. The only thing i need to find out is "how" he lowered it cause i know some people who have cut the springs and it dosent give the best ride. Either way i will look into a nice set of springs. How about exhaust? Anyone heard of Tanabe?

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Originally Posted by jester4666 View Post
in the back the lights are ok. in the front i put in some 10k HIDs, so i can see so much better now.

as far as a DIY, i'm sure there are plenty around the web. i dunno about on here though.
Ok, cool. So you can still see your break lights? I wanted to purchase HID's anyways, but i was originally thinking about the 8k's, so if i go through with smoking the lights i will get 10k's...thanks!!! How does it hold up when you smoke them, like to the weather and such?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #10

jester4666
Full Access Member

Yeah yeah. Well I have been in alot of lowered cars, and when its lowered you can tell by the way it rides...or atleast i think i can tell. Point being- I think the guy who had the car right before me may have lowered it, it rides real tight if that makes sense. The only thing i need to find out is "how" he lowered it cause i know some people who have cut the springs and it dosent give the best ride. Either way i will look into a nice set of springs. How about exhaust? Anyone heard of Tanabe?

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Ok, cool. So you can still see your break lights? I wanted to purchase HID's anyways, but i was originally thinking about the 8k's, so if i go through with smoking the lights i will get 10k's...thanks!!! How does it hold up when you smoke them, like to the weather and such?
i've had no issues with weather since i smoked them and put in HIDs. 8k's might be enough. i just went with 10k's because i'm doing blue lighting in my car.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #11

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

8k would actually be brighter than 10k. the higher the temp the "less" light you get. springs are a good cost effective way to get lowered. once you wear out your stock shocks though youll want to look into new ones or a coilover set which im going for now. as for exhaust, i know that the Tanabe axle-backs are pricey. if you can grab one on sale then do so, but its just an axle-back, so really spending $400 is in my opinion way over priced. you can also look for the TRD, DCSports (which i have), Strup, and Precision axle-backs.
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #12

jester4666
Full Access Member

yeah, 8k is the brightest. like i stated though 10k gives me the shade of blue i want

Old 11-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Name: Rob
I have the Precision axle back, love it. Its a Magnaflow with a 4" double walled tip. Like Chris said, there are a few options, just depends on what you want to spend.
Check this thread for a few reviews from one of our memebers, http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/sh...Sports+exhaust

Last edited by robbiej; 11-22-2011 at 07:31 PM.
robbiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #14
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Welcome to the forum.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #15

KylexD
Full Access Member

yeah, 8k is the brightest. like i stated though 10k gives me the shade of blue i want
Ok, so 8k is what I will look into. Im also gonna check the methods for smoking lights.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Originally Posted by robbiej View Post
I have the Precision axle back, love it. Its a Magnaflow with a 4" double walled tip. Like Chris said, there are a few options, just depends on what you want to spend.
Check this thread for a few reviews from one of our memebers, http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/sh...Sports+exhaust
Ok, thats cool, I will check that thread out for sure. Is there a thread around here that explains the "types" of exhaust...for example a full exhaust kit to a...axle back kit, etc.? And also if theres a thread on springs, and coil overs, etc. I would like to read that to see excatly what each component is good for and what brands are quality.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks man. This is a really cool place I can expect to learn alot, lol.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #16

jester4666
Full Access Member

just do a search of the forums, it'll pull up all that pertains to whatever you are looking for.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #17

KylexD
Full Access Member

just do a search of the forums, it'll pull up all that pertains to whatever you are looking for.
Will do, thanks to you and everyone for being so helpful already. You all have a great holiday and stay safe.