Go Back   Scion XD Forum > Members Hangout > Off Topic

Off Topic The free for all. Only rules are to be respectful and work appropriate when posting.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #21

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
OH I FORGOT! I did get a nice Burberry watch for Xmas too...

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #22

Sapphyre
Full Access Member

Name: Lexi
Send a message via AIM to Sapphyre Send a message via MSN to Sapphyre
oooh... nice! I <3 Burberry... but it'll never be as good as Aquascutum.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #23

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
oooh... nice! I <3 Burberry... but it'll never be as good as Aquascutum.
Water Scrotum?? What?
Never heard of them before, hold on I'll google it.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Aquascutum was established in 1851, the year of the Great Exhibition, when tailor and entrepreneur John Emary opened a high quality menswear shop at 46 Regent Street. In 1853, after succeeding to produce the first waterproof wool, he had his discovery patented and renamed the company ‘Aquascutum’, Latin for ‘watershield’.[1] In 1901, Emary moved to 100 Regent Street in the heart of London, which remains Aquascutum’s flagship store to this day.

In April 2006, Aquascutum appointed Kim Winser as president and chief executive officer. Winser is a veteran of the British apparel industry, having worked for Marks & Spencer and Pringle of Scotland.[3] The current heads of design are Michael Herz and Graeme Fidler, who won numerous awards including GQ style awards.

The brand, famous for its suiting range recently modelled by Pierce Brosnan and Brett Anderson, also offers tailoring by Savile Row tailor, Nick Hart. Gisele Bündchen and Jamie Dornan model Aquascutum Collection designs and vintage pieces.

In 2008, Renown announced that it would sell Aquascutum, after the parent experienced three straight years of losses.[4] In May 2009, Renown rejected a corporate buyout bid led by Kim Winser.[3] After the bid was rejected, Winser left Aquascutum. Renown continues acquisition talks with Chinese clothing retailer YGM Trading, which licenses to sell Aquascutum clothes in Asia - the brand's biggest market.[4]

In September 2009, the management team behind the revival of retailer Jaeger, Harold Tillman and Belinda Earl, bought the company.

Interesting... a British line of high end clothing...

Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #24

Sapphyre
Full Access Member

lol. They're a british fashion house- sort of similar to Burberry. Well, very similar actually. Burberry's their main competition. One of the Aquascutum factories is in the same county in England that I grew up in, so I used to get stuff at cost all the time by buying it direct from the factory store.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #25

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa... are you a Brit?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #26

Sapphyre
Full Access Member

Half. kinda. haha. I have dual nationality.

My parents met in England when my dad was in the USAF... my mum's Scottish & I was born and raised near Cambridge till I was 3- when my dad retired to Florida. Stayed in the States till I was 12 (we moved to NC when I was 8), when they separated and went back to England with my Mum. After doing my GCSE's at 16, I decided not to go on and do my highers/a-levels, and convinced my Mum to move back to the States so that I could go to high school instead. Came back, graduated, ended up getting into a downward spiral with the wrong crowd and moved back to England for a year when I was 20 to try and get myself cleaned up and sorted out. Attended school for Equestrian Studies before getting annoyed and fed up with it, and transferred into studying philosophy, psychology & sociology before finally failing out due to a lack of attendance (not my fault however- they had authorized a leave of absence due to a medical situation in the family and then revoked it without telling me.) Worked as a bartender for the rest of the year, and came back to NC in 2007.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #27
notoriouseyk
Full Access Member

Name: eddie
Send a message via AIM to notoriouseyk Send a message via MSN to notoriouseyk Send a message via Yahoo to notoriouseyk
i got a whole new set of BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!
notoriouseyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #28

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Lexi can I assume there is an accent?

@ notoriouseyk, same here...

Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #29

Sapphyre
Full Access Member

Not really. Unless you consider a slightly southern drawl an accent. haha. When I spend any time over there, it comes back or if I'm drinking with the british ex-pats, or, if I'm really drunk in general. But overall I have a fairly neutral accent with a slight drawl on certain words. I do pronounce some things slightly different and the intonation of some things are unusual. When I was back over there in 2006/'07 I deliberately maintained my american accent since I was bartending and it drew a crowd. lol.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #30

FlashGorden

Name: FlashGorden
I got some pretty sweet swag. My folks took care of some serious bills for me earlier in the year, couple car payments mainly (gotta keep the D), and then a certain hottie picked up 2 hedgehog tree ornaments and a back scratch tool b/c using a K-Bar is dangerous(???). My sisters got me a gas gift card to BP/Kangaroo. And the folks I lifeguard at work gave me the best gifts of all, cash and a visa gift card so i could handle some court stuff.

Best gift of all was getting to spend time at home, with people my own age, and then seeing Lexi as much as I did. Kinda cliche, but true enough.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #31

Sapphyre
Full Access Member

:blush:

I was trying to be practical... and save you from shredding your back.

... since... ya know... that's kinda what I do....

Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #32

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Good deal Gorden, I racked up debt and you got yours removed... lol, I shoulda asked for my bills to get paid