Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #1

Luc1f3r
Full Access Member

Name: Luci
Send a message via AIM to Luc1f3r
Default Post your systems!
i dont think ive seen this thread so i figured we needed one, post pics and specs of the system in your xD!

Audio/Video
Pioneer Avic F90bt
 80gb iPod
 XM Radio
 HD Radio
 BlueTooth
 Back-up Camera
Kicker 12” L7 (2)
Kicker SS65.2
Kicker ZX450.2
Kicker ZX1500.1
Tsunami 2Farad Capacitor
200^ft FatMat
1gal Expanding Foam
Custom 7cu ft Box
Modded xBox w/250gb HDD
PlayStation Poratable

My RS1.0 xD is for sale!

Luc1f3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #2

scion4us
Full Access Member

Name: Scott
Send a message via AIM to scion4us
Very nice!

xD R.S.1 #195

http://www.knrdigital.com/zencart/
Team Koshak
Midnight Garage

www.scionevolution.org
Scion Evolution Central Coast Cali Co-Liaison
scion4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 AM   #3

Shaggy
Administrator
Administrator

Name: Bryan
Damn, nice setup. Did you install it all yourself, or professionally done?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #4

Luc1f3r
Full Access Member

i had a shop build the box because i dont have the time/space/skills for that, but i wrapped the box and did all wiring/deadening/tuning.

My RS1.0 xD is for sale!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #5

scion4us
Full Access Member

I'd get pulled over out here in 1 minute for a system like that. Ish about not obstructing the view from the rear view mirror!!

xD R.S.1 #195

Team Koshak
Midnight Garage

www.scionevolution.org
Old 06-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #6

SciFion
Solar System Surfer
Full Access Member

Name: Mike
Originally Posted by scion4us View Post
I'd get pulled over out here in 1 minute for a system like that. Ish about not obstructing the view from the rear view mirror!!
You know, I believe here in Cali you can have the rear blocked off as long as both side mirrors are in place.

SciFion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #7

scion4us
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SciFion View Post
You know, I believe here in Cali you can have the rear blocked off as long as both side mirrors are in place.
I'm gonna check on that. Thought it only applied to trucks with campers or towing trailers and commercial vehicles, like delivery vans and such.

xD R.S.1 #195

Team Koshak
Midnight Garage

www.scionevolution.org
Old 06-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #8

SciFion
Solar System Surfer
Full Access Member

Name: Mike
I looked it up , and under California Vehicle Code 26708, 8()3, of 2009, it says that it's ok if you have both side view mirrors and can see behind the vehicle to 200 feet. Read under "This section does not apply to any of the following". Check it out.

Skip to: Content | Footer | Web Accessibility | Disability Services Search:

Home Welcome to the DMV Website DMV Home Page Contact DMV What's New Featured Links Press Room Industry Teens Seniors Español Offices Find Your Local Office Driver Safety Offices Investigations Offices Inspector Offices Service Centers More DMV Offices Online Services Registration Renewal Driver License Renewal Appointments Change of Address Personalized Plates More Online Services Forms Driver License Forms Registration Forms Vehicle Industry Commonly Used More Forms Driver License New Driver Renew Lost or Stolen Changes and Corrections Driver Handbooks More Driver License Information Vehicle Registration Renewal Buying and Selling Plates Placards and Decals Boats Fees Registration Forms More Registration Information Publications Driver Handbook Commercial Handbooks Motorcycle Handbook More DMV Publications DMV Info Research Customer Survey New Laws DMV Programs Your DMV Records Other Services Contact DMV

Save time, Go online!
Appointments

Registration Renewal

Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator

Online Driver License Renewal

Personalized Plates

Online Change of Address

Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability

Enlarge Text
Click to increase the text size. Restore Text
Click to restore original text size. Reduce Text
Click to decrease the text size. Home Page » Publications » Vehicle Code Title Page » Vehicle Code Table of Contents » Division 12, Chapter 4 » Section 26708 Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver's View
26708. (a) (1) ( )1 A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) ( )1 A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle ( )2 that obstructs or reduces the driver’s clear view through the windshield or side windows.

(3) This subdivision applies to a person driving a motor vehicle with the driver's clear vision through the windshield, or side or rear windows, obstructed by snow or ice.

(b) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) Rearview mirrors.

(2) Adjustable nontransparent sunvisors ( )2 that are mounted forward of the side windows and are not attached to the glass.

(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials ( )2 that are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials ( )2 that are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials ( )2 that are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver.

(4) Side windows ( )2 that are to the rear of the driver.

(5) Direction, destination, or termini signs upon a passenger common carrier motor vehicle or a schoolbus, if those signs do not interfere with the driver's clear view of approaching traffic.

(6) Rear window wiper motor.

(7) Rear trunk lid handle or hinges.

(8) The rear window or windows,( )3 if the motor vehicle is equipped with outside mirrors on both the left- and righthand sides of the vehicle that are so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.

(9) A clear, transparent lens affixed to the side window opposite the driver on a vehicle greater than 80 inches in width and ( )2 that occupies an area not exceeding 50 square inches of the lowest corner toward the rear of that window and ( )2 that provides the driver with a wide-angle view through the lens.

(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness.

(11) An electronic communication device affixed to the center uppermost portion of the interior of a windshield within an area that is not greater than 5 inches square, if the device provides either of the following:

(A) The capability for enforcement facilities of the Department of the California Highway Patrol to communicate with a vehicle equipped with the device.

(B) The capability for electronic toll and traffic management on public or private roads or facilities.

(12) A portable Global Positioning System (GPS), which may be mounted in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver or in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest to the driver, if the system is used only for door-to-door navigation while the motor vehicle is being operated and outside of an airbag deployment zone.

(c) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the topmost portion of the windshield if the following conditions apply:

(1) The bottom edge of the material is at least 29 inches above the undepressed driver's seat when measured from a point 5 inches in front of the bottom of the backrest with the driver's seat in its rearmost and lowermost position with the vehicle on a level surface.

(2) The material is not red or amber in color.

(3) There is no opaque lettering on the material and any other lettering does not affect primary colors or distort vision through the windshield.

(4) The material does not reflect sunlight or headlight glare into the eyes of occupants of oncoming or following vehicles to any greater extent than the windshield without the material.

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful ultraviolet A rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the installing company and the material's manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material's manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturer's instructions meets the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the material's manufacturer by full name and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced.

Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 476, Stats. 1998. Effective January 1, 1999.
Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 413, Stats. 2008. Effective January 1, 2009.
The 2008 amendment added the italicized material, and at the point(s) indicated, deleted the following:

“No”
“which”
“when”

Back to Top | Help | Disability Services | Contact DMV | Accessibility Compliance | Site Map | Technical Support
Conditions of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2009 State of California
Acrobat Reader enables you to view and print PDF files.
To incorporate the latest accessibility features download of the latest version of Acrobat Reader may be required.

SciFion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #9

Luc1f3r
Full Access Member

well, i dont have a rear view mirror, lol

and with 3% tint all around and eyebrow, and 30% tint over the whole windshield im not worried about a cop or anyone seeing whats inside unless i want them to know its there.

My RS1.0 xD is for sale!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #10

scion4us
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Luc1f3r View Post
well, i dont have a rear view mirror, lol

and with 3% tint all around and eyebrow, and 30% tint over the whole windshield im not worried about a cop or anyone seeing whats inside unless i want them to know its there.
What are your tint laws like??

xD R.S.1 #195

Team Koshak
Midnight Garage

www.scionevolution.org
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #11

Luc1f3r
Full Access Member

25% on the rears
35% on the front 2
25% down to the AS1 line.

but who really follows tint laws? lol.

My RS1.0 xD is for sale!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #12

xDizzle
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Kevin
lol not me
xDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
gotDAMD

Its a nice set up. Thats my car in the second pic on the left.
gotDAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #14

Luc1f3r
Full Access Member

come on guys, i know more people have systems, post em up!!

My RS1.0 xD is for sale!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #15

SnuGG

Name: Chris
If by system you mean some subs, yes I have some.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #16

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
I have a california 600w amp, 2 Kenwood 10inchers, 2 boxes (one for each sub), and the pioneer premium head unit... thats about it for now... although I did just buy a 32 inch flatscreen, and an xbox 360 that will be going into the hatch this week...
I will post some pics when its done...

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote