Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Exterior

Exterior Comments and questions regarding body kits, graphics, paint or other exterior mods.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
SJMiller

Name: SJMiller
Default Installed Scion Bug Deflector
I just installed the Scion PU500-52023 Bug Deflector. For some reason Scion only sells it in Canada. I ordered it from Stampede Toyota Scion Calgary, Alberta - Jeff Lange, Parts Advisor, Phone: 403-291-2119; Email: [email protected]. I tried to work with a couple of other Canadian dealers, but Jeff was the only one who would handle my order. He usually works on Saturdays too.

Part was $108.00 & shipping was $70.00. Not cheap, but it was the only deflector I wanted on the xD.

Installation wasn't too bad. Took my wife & I about an hour to install. In theory you could do it alone, but it was a huge help to have a second set of hands to ensure I didn't scratch it during the process. It was very similar to the Scion xB Bug Deflector which is also only sold in Canada & which I'd installed a few months ago.

I should have asked Jeff for a copy of the installation instructions when I placed the order, but didn't think of it. Fortunately, he emailed the installation instructions when he sent the invoice. Just another example of the great service he provides.

I realize this isn't for everyone, but I'm really pleased with how it looks. Given the cost & availability I won't see one on many xDs on the roads here in NC.

(It was cold out today so I only washed the hood before installation, so don't look too closely at the dirt & bugs on the bumper.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4992.jpg (82.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4998.jpg (80.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5009.jpg (85.9 KB, 19 views)
SJMiller is offline   Reply With Quote