Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
Default Sloshing?
Im hearing a sort of sloshing sound or water like sound coming from either my wheel well or possibly under my hood near the strut mount. Now i check around and i didnt see anything that could b making the sound. I havent replaced the struts yet either. Just curious to know what could that sound be. Anyone have a clue?
I really only hear it when im slow rolling over small bumps.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #2

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

Name: Evan
Originally Posted by XDevolution View Post
Im hearing a sort of sloshing sound or water like sound coming from either my wheel well or possibly under my hood near the strut mount. Now i check around and i didnt see anything that could b making the sound. I havent replaced the struts yet either. Just curious to know what could that sound be. Anyone have a clue?
I really only hear it when im slow rolling over small bumps.
is it on your driver or passenger side? i only ask because right after i bought mine, the drain line to the ac got plugged and the water got backed up into the ac system. you could hear water sloshing and moving around within the dash and around the firewall on the passenger side. it eventually leaked back into the cabin of the car. got the drain plug blown out and fixed the problems. not sure if that is what you are hearing, but it would be somewhere to start.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by 1sweetxd View Post
is it on your driver or passenger side? i only ask because right after i bought mine, the drain line to the ac got plugged and the water got backed up into the ac system. you could hear water sloshing and moving around within the dash and around the firewall on the passenger side. it eventually leaked back into the cabin of the car. got the drain plug blown out and fixed the problems. not sure if that is what you are hearing, but it would be somewhere to start.
I was going to ask the same. This is my thought on it. It maybe your a/c condenser drain clogged.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
The sound is definitely coming from the drivers side. It sounds likes its either coming from tge eheel well or right underneith the hood it does it so slightly enough to piss u off lol but never the less its an unknown problem. Not to sure about the ac condenser never really thought about it. That could be another reason why my car always smells damp and musty even when i clean the hell out of it.