Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
C4W22

Name: Chris
Default Remote Start/Alarm DIY How To
Would anybody be interested in a DIY Alarm/Remote start how-to on this vehicle? My girlfriend is picking her new 2011 xD up sometime Wednesday and I'm off Thursday, so I'll most likely be doing the install then if the bypass module comes in by then. It seems like a very easy install from the looks of the tech sheets. I was just wondering if there was enough interest for me to take the effort to record my install/explain things to make it worthwhile....
C4W22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #2

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
eh, I was thinking about getting this. But idk, dont make one if its just me, i can figure it out.

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
C4W22

Was thinking about doing a comfort closure add-on.....window modules so on arm, or two clicks of the remote the windows roll up, and with an aux trigger windows can roll down or vent.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #4

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
does it have that?

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
C4W22

Yea, you have to purchase a door module 90% of the time....but if you're really hardcore you can do this wiring up your own relays etc....well seems like you're the only one interested, or else this is a really small community....anyways, I'll probably post one anyways in the hopes it'll become a sticky :P
Old 08-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #6
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by C4W22 View Post
Yea, you have to purchase a door module 90% of the time....but if you're really hardcore you can do this wiring up your own relays etc....well seems like you're the only one interested, or else this is a really small community....anyways, I'll probably post one anyways in the hopes it'll become a sticky :P
It's both at this point small community and no real interest . But post it and I am sure we can get it stickied and someone somewhere my find it useful. The auto up window feature would be cool but my windows are up 90 percent of the time anyways unless it is at a show.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:29 AM   #7
Zoo

Name: Zoo
I would love one! Even better if for a standard!
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
C4W22

well it's already been installed and because the community didn't seem to be interested, I didn't bother taking video etc....however, on sunday I plan on adding the window modules I've been slacking on, so when add those I can go through which wires I had to connect, their locations, and I can explain the only difference in procedure when installing a remote start on a manual.