Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #1

Vengeful Squid
Full Access Member

Name: Mr Squid
Default Eibach alignment (camber) kit Installed
Ordered it from TR (tire rack), no issues, fast shipping, about $30.

Finally got it installed after about 1500 miles of letting the sportlines settle.

Specs from the alignment shop after install (where "left"= driver's side of car and
"right"= passenger side):

Front camber: -1.3 left; -.9 right
Front Toe: -.01 left, -.01 right
Front Caster: +5.3

Rear Camber: -.7 left; -1.8 right
Rear Toe: -.23 left; +.53 right

The fronts are what I requested and am satisfied with the results. I am not happy with the results for the rear, with the camber being somewhat uneven. Worse, I was aiming for more toe in (+) for the rear (especially for the driver's side!!). My alignment guy asked if I got into an accident (which I did not, it's almost a brand new car), because my rear passenger wheel specs were "off"; the wheel was fighting itself because of the positive toe in yet it had a negative camber to off set this.

my objective was to decrease understeer, and driving impressions after the install show this change. i still have to adjust the tire PSI to further decrease understeer (less PSI in rear than in fronts).

anyone who had any custom alignment have any issues? post your specs if you can. i plan on getting periodic alignments. With the Eibach camber kit it should help and I would recommend it to others looking for an edge in handling performance or just trying to make bigger wheels fit.

next alignment I will take my car to a different shop to see if i can get more symmetrical results and also fix the rear toe issue.

Last edited by Vengeful Squid; 09-18-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Vengeful Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Borybaby

Name: Incredxd
Any way of getting a write up????
Borybaby is offline   Reply With Quote