Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
eatmorecarrots

Name: EatMoreCarrots
Default Problems with putting new 2010 Alpine deck into 2008?
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum as I just got an xD 3 days ago. It is very lightly used blue '08. It is pretty base and I'm looking to upgrade the stereo. I have come across a few ads online of people selling the new 2010 alpine / scion head unit (PT545-00102) and really like that it allows for USB (i use a jump drive instead of an ipod) and because it allows for sub / amp outs (I'll be moving those from my old '04 xB under the seats). However, here are my concerns:

- My year has Aux & iPod jack in the lower part of the front console on each side of the 12v power outlet. If I do this swap, will that iPod jack need to be replaced with a USB input? I don't see the USB on the face of those units and I've never seen a 2010 xD in person to see what the Alpine setup is like and what other changes might be necessary.

- Does the 2010 xD with the Alpine head have the same Aux and iPod inputs in the lower dash? Is the 2010 lower dash iPod input actually the USB input advertised or is it still that funky adaptor thing necessary to read song info? Where is the USB input if not there and not on the face?

- Does anyone know of any other issues I might have with this swap - steering wheel controls, etc?

Thanks!
eatmorecarrots is offline   Reply With Quote