Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #1

Pittshark
Full Access Member

Name: Mark
Default Suspension enhancements in relation to warranty
I'm just starting to hook my D up a little bit, beginning this week with new wheels and tires. Plans for the near future include lowering springs and the rear sway bar. Here's the question, do these minor mods require dealer installation to keep the warranty intact? I'm hoping not, but I don't want to mess up the warranty with small stuff like this.

While I'm on the subject, where do you guys generally buy this stuff from? I have bought a couple small things (floor mats, bumper protector) from Scion parts mall because they had the better prices on those items, but in pricing the lowering springs for instance....Scion parts mall wants 272.00 plus shipping, whereas TRD sparks only wants 205.00 plus 9.00 to ship. On the other hand, the sway bar is 153.00 at sparks, but around 132.00 at the parts mall. This is quite a gap in pricing, makes me wonder if there are other places out there where even better deals can be found.
Pittshark is offline   Reply With Quote