Thread: camber shims
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #14
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Ok camber alone will not necessarily eat through the tires any quicker (depending on amount) but in correct toe will eat through the tires more. The cool thing about realcamber.com is their xb shims were able to do up to a -5 degrees without and major wear because the shims also helped keep the toe within tolerances.

If you look on the realcamber.com website they have an aligment sheet showing the results and it you look everything is within normal tolerances except the camber and the -3degree shims actually gave like -4 degrees.

Again since the toe and all is still in tolerances the tires will not eat through tires that much faster than normal. Plus it can/will help with cornering.

Hope that helps

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
as i posted, using these shims would allow you to run a wider/lower offset than normal. but since there are about two xD's using really wide/low offsets, we'll see where it goes. if toe is corrected, the wear won;t be that bad. i still wonder at what drop the toe IS corrected
I hope they do I am working on the wife letting me get some. I think I can persuade her. I just really want these to help with the looki want to go with