View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #17

xDTool
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Send a message via AIM to xDTool Send a message via Yahoo to xDTool
Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
True. Well every car is different. So maybe I have a weak alternator or something.

And to think about it, my faulty waterpump was on the car at the time so maybe it had something to do with it. meaning I believe it was creating an extra drag on the motor as it was being faulty (it was dragging when turning not turning freely). So maybe extra load of slamming the system slowed the motor more and was killing power output from alt.

You should be fine with 1000w RMS, but I would personally add second Battery over alternator.
No doubt. I've always used 1500 watts as my limit without capacitor/battery upgrades.

i've never had to upgrade my alternator or know anybody that has other than james long (and his setup in his xD used to be ridiculous), and i know a few people with some serious systems, though james's definitly takes the cake

also agree that 1000 watts isnt overkill, james was running something like 15000 watts on his system in his xd i think lol, to me thats overkill

I think 1000 watts is actually about perfect for a daily driver sub system, as far as good balance , performance, while still maintaining practicality

Last edited by xDTool; 05-19-2011 at 10:33 AM.
xDTool is offline   Reply With Quote