View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
pikopiko

Name: pikopiko
You're right, the Veloster is more expensive but with appropriate haggling and the right options, I am not bothered by the difference in price. But that is the point: by not having to haggle in Scion, and benefiting from the loyalty and high-regard of Toyota, this may prove more beneficial in the value of the car down the line. Hyundai admittedly is an arriviste but offers a decent value, provided one haggles right too.

As for leaning toward the Veloster -- not necessarily. I don't like the touchscreen in the center console of the Veloster, which turns me off a lot. Also, the lack of a spare tire and having to buy one separately is something that turns me off mildly. Rear view visibility with big passengers (I'm short/small) will be a thing to get used to, since it's inferior to my Civic's visibility. I understand the Veloster is more expensive, but I intend on buying the most basic model, so thankfully I will not deal with packages if only I can find it though. Is it worth paying "a little more" for the Veloster than the Scion?

I live in the USA, so the Ist is not sold here. As for the Impreza, that is a really good car and felt the most upscale of any of the ones I sat it, but decided against it because it was pushing the upper limits of my budget and I wanted to be restrictive in how I spent my money. I can get better gas mileage with the CVT but at a big cost.
pikopiko is offline   Reply With Quote