View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #1

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Default Ventrilo Voice-Chat Server?
So all, just putting this out there... I wanted to see if there was any interest from any of you xD owners to use my private Ventrilo server as a ScionxDForum group voice-chat, to have yet another way for us xD peeps on ScionXDForum to meet and socialize...

I have had a dedicated Ventrilo server (same as a TeamSpeak server) running at my house 24x7 for the last 4 years - the freebie version that allows up to 8 people at a time to voice chat in a group setting... a couple friends and I use it in the evenings to chat and socialize while we're on our PCs surfing or gaming or whatever... but we never have more than 2 or 3 people on it on any given night, so it's way underutilized.

If anyone spents a lot of time on their home PCs, especially in the evenings, you're welcome to use my Vent server to chat with me or other ScionxDForum peeps that wish to get on. Another possible use could be to hold a monthly meeting for the forum admins to discuss improvements to the forum... whatever would be useful to us.

All each person needs is a headset/mic like those used for online team-play gaming, the free Ventrilo client downloaded from their website, and the connection config info from me to be able to connect to the server... I have 3 separate chat rooms setup on my server, including one specifically for ScionxDForum, so our Scion conversations can be kept separate from other peeps if anyone else would be on...

If anyone is interested, let me know, I'll send you the connection information...

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 08-23-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote