Thread: Why me?!
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #23

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
OK, well I feel much better now... Took my car in to the body shop Monday night, and its finished today, except they won't get the rear xD logo in until Monday. I pick up my car Saturday morning at 7am; I'll just put the logo on myself when it comes in. Turns out, they actually did more body work on the car than I even asked to have done! Even without the extra work, I thought my body shop bill was going to be around $700 or a little more, But I just got the final price of only $432. coolness! They had quoted me $360 just to repaint my hatch, so all the other work was only $72..??? I won't rejoice too much until I actually see the results, but... woohoo!

- Fixed the deep scratches and repainted hatch from closing my garage door on it last year;

- Fixed both passenger side doors where the chunk of wood kicked up by my tire slammed into them;

- I was going to suggest they do exactly this, but they just went ahead and fixed the door ding on the driver's rear door - they pushed out the dent then spot-painted the ding;

- There were two little dings in my front driver's door from tapping it against the corner of the concrete retaining wall in my driveway - I hadn't even mentioned repairing these when I took it in!

The Dentless Repair guy just did the last 2 items on his own accord... the only thing I gotta do yet is replace my rear spoiler, the back edge was also scratched badly from the garage door, but it will be cheaper for me to just buy a new one on eBay again rather than get it sanded and repainted, and I can resell the old one for a little $$ perhaps... and go to Cindy Rowe to get my windshield fixed, which is covered 100% with my insurance. so no $$ for that. Yay!!