View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #17

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

Name: Evan
Originally Posted by KylexD View Post
Im not to worried about cost. Ive just been told that you cant get a better ride than stock, and I dont believe that. I am thinking if you can buy performance parts then the car will perform better. So if I upgrade my stock suspension, will I get a better ride? Im not to worried about how low the car sits, I just want quality. So it is either coilovers or springs? And then you would get shocks as well?
well, i agree with you. IMO aftermarket performance parts usually make the car better than stock. why else sell them or buy them right? in reference to coilovers, i cant give you any info towards ride quality, i've never had them on any of my cars. dealing with springs on the XD, i've ridden stock, TRDs and now im riding on Tein S-Techs. i personally love the ride on the Teins. The TRDs rode well, but i thought they were a little stiff.

finally, referring to the shocks. with TRDs, i dont think it is necessary to buy new shocks. but with the Teins or anything else that would lower you 2" or more, i would eventually get shorter shocks. **i still haven't done this on mine** because you literally take 2" out of the travel of the shock, they will bottom out if your car drops too low; ie, coming off a dip in the road or a bump. personally, i think the Tein S-Techs gives one of the best driveable drops with quality ride.