View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #1

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Default TPMS and Tire Pressures on Aftermarket Tires
Question: I have aftermarket 18" wheels with 225/40/18 Nexxen 5000 tires on my xD. The sidewalls on the tires say "Maximum load 1235 pounds at 44 psi maximum pressure." They do not say anything about "Inflate to xx pounds"... I think the tire shop had told me they had set my tires to 38 pounds, that was about two months ago, but now my TPMS light just came on in the dash yesterday, so I'm wondering if 38 pounds might be too low. I'm assuming that low profile tires are inflated to a higher pressure than standard tires would be... none of the tires look even slightly low, but I haven't checked the pressures on them yet, gotta find my dang tire guage...

So what pressure should I actually run these tires at? Is it safe to run them right at max pressure? I would like to run them a little harder than the normal pressure, for a smidge better gas milege...

Hopefully I didn't hit a bump too hard right at the spot of the valve stem on the tire, and damaged one of the sensors or something... and I'm wondering how you would know which TPMS is faulty if one is sending a bad signal to the control module, without paying to have all four tires dismounted?

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 10-09-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote