View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #4

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Originally Posted by Luc1f3r View Post
...if you have the pedestal spoiler it blocks all water anyway and you would never need the wiper anyway...
Well, in my case that's not true at all, I have the larger spoiler installed on my xD, and it does nothing to divert any water and dust from the rear of the car - the air just swirls around behind the car and deposits all kinds of dirt on the rear hatch very quickly. I have to constantly clean the rear hatch and window of dirt, it is the quickest area to get dirty on the car - all I have to do is drive a couple of miles after I wash my car and the rear hatch and window already have a fine coating of dust. This is especially extreme in the winter time, as Pennsylvania roads are always plastered with road salt, so the back window gets filthy very quicky then... I'd love to remove my rear wiper, but I'm afraid I use it too much.

And yes the wiper is small, but the area of glass it cleans is actually about half of the window surface area, so it really isn't all that bad. the wiper has to be that small because the rear window is very low in height...

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 08-12-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote