View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #28

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Yeah, I know, Fern Gully, Dances with Wolves, Pocahontas, Princess Mononoke, all are the same or similar story, I see all the online comments (whining?) about comparing this movie to those, blah blah blah... but I'd much rather watch THIS version of that similar, worn-out plot a hundred times, especially in IMAX Real 3D, over any of those others (of which I've seen all), so it matters little to me about those other movies - they just flat out lose in my book, no comparison, lol!

And the eye-gasm is a nice "consolation", too, haha...!

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:39 PM ----------

Originally Posted by thedamd View Post
Troy you are so right. IMAX 3D is the way to see this movie-and you must see this pic. DO NOT wait for video-it is like sex with a condom-on a wax figure! do not cheap out either-3D IMAX if you can.
Yeppers, Darrell, I will be seeing it for the 6th time this weekend, and 5 of those times at the IMAX theater, which is an hour's drive from my house... at $16 a pop ($14 ticket plus $2 Fandango fee having to order online in advance of the sellout crowds!) and about $8 in gas for the 80-mile round trip drive, I'm basically paying $24 to see it each time in IMAX 3D - that has to say something about the IMAX experience with this movie!

I did see it (my third time) in a regular theater in Digital 3D and it was still good, but nowhere near as absorbing as IMAX - with that BIG screen, yes, but most importantly, the SOUND! Chest-thumping, like my movie theater at home in my basement... at the regular movie theater, I kept wanting to jump up and yell "TURN UP THE VOLUME!!" LOL!

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Wow, total world-wide gross box-office sales for Avatar is now at $2.1 Billion!!

I think I feel a sequel coming on...

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 02-03-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote