View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #12

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
Originally Posted by derekls View Post
hm... guess i never thought about safety concerns with stab control, etc, thats a really valid point though.

I shall ponder if , may ask a toyota tech next time i get my oil changed or something., ive still go about 10k miles left in my stock tires(give or take a few), so a few months to decide if i need to

I am not intimate with the exact system Toyota uses on the xD, but I would think that the VSC etc. would use the wheel speed sensor input in comparison from wheel to wheel and adjust things based on wheel speed differential and data from the yaw sensors, not on outright speed. Therefore, I don't think speedo calibration/tire size would effect its ability to function correctly.

I would also state that the liability of having the system be tire size dependent considering the ability for just about anyone to bolt just about anything on the car and demand that it still save their bacon for every stupid stunt they pulled, would be to great to risk and have been factored out of the equation by Toyota.