View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #32
twpanson

Name: TWP
Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 View Post
Just curious if the car is set to run eco mode how soft is the throttle? Thinking about buying one just for the use of a shop box/tune.
Followings are quoted from our customers on Fitfreak.net

--Originally Posted by JoeF View Post--
I got the TC in this morning and installed it right away. I love SP-7 man that thing now drives like the rabbits did in the 70's love it. I have a question though can I change TC while the car is on or do I have to shut it off every time I want to change

Texas

In EC5 on the highway does it actually have a different throttle position lets say at 70 mph than on normal mode. So that would be the gas saving per mile or in acceleration.

Ha now that I have this I want a CAI which I dont know what to get and a header.

Joe
I love it when someone else refers to the old VW Rabbit if comparison to the Fit. The similarities are what first caught my interest. You can change settings while driving but it can be a little scary to do in heavy traffic because your speed will increase or decrease in relation to your foot position on the throttle. Your actual throttle opening at any constant speed will be the same regardless of what setting you are using but by using the readout in Eco mode you are able to see the position of the opening and use it as a tool to attain better mileage...In that way you can accelerate toward the bottom of a hill with less throttle than you would use than if you waited to accelerate after you were already going up the next hill allowing you to use less throttle to maintain your speed until you are further up the the incline then lift off the throttle earlier just before the top relying on gravity and less throttle on the down side... Observing the readout along with the slower reacting throttle in EC5 at staying off the boost has been good for a 10% increase in fuel mileage for me. SP7 and being crazy yielded about -15% but it was sure fun.
twpanson is offline   Reply With Quote