View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
JJGeneral1
Full Access Member

Name: Joe
Originally Posted by eatmorecarrots View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum as I just got an xD 3 days ago. It is very lightly used blue '08. It is pretty base and I'm looking to upgrade the stereo. I have come across a few ads online of people selling the new 2010 alpine / scion head unit (PT545-00102) and really like that it allows for USB (i use a jump drive instead of an ipod) and because it allows for sub / amp outs (I'll be moving those from my old '04 xB under the seats). However, here are my concerns:

- My year has Aux & iPod jack in the lower part of the front console on each side of the 12v power outlet. If I do this swap, will that iPod jack need to be replaced with a USB input? I don't see the USB on the face of those units and I've never seen a 2010 xD in person to see what the Alpine setup is like and what other changes might be necessary.

- Does the 2010 xD with the Alpine head have the same Aux and iPod inputs in the lower dash? Is the 2010 lower dash iPod input actually the USB input advertised or is it still that funky adaptor thing necessary to read song info? Where is the USB input if not there and not on the face?

- Does anyone know of any other issues I might have with this swap - steering wheel controls, etc?

Thanks!

the 2010 (i have one) has one port, containing both aux and USB on the driver side of the cigarette lighter. you would probably have to get the "combo" port.

also, wiring harnesses might not match up. you may lose your steering wheel control, or have to re-wire the harness to match the new head unit.

i'd do a lot more research on it before just doing. i don't know if alpine and pioneer have the same connections or not, or even the same color wires going to the same pins on the connectors.

yes, indeed, research a bit more. that's all the info i can give you.
JJGeneral1 is offline   Reply With Quote