View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #4

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Well, if the TC wheels don't have any TPMS, then I guess you'll want to put your original ones into those wheels... I believe they will fit, I think I did read that somewhere... ha, you could buy another set of TPMS sensors, but the last time I checked, the ones for the xD were about $130 a piece... ouch... this whole TPMS thing is just a money-making racket...

I put my original TPMS in my aftermarket wheels, but kept my stock wheels and tires for winter use, so they don't have any sensors in them anymore. So, the TPMS light is on in my dash all winter - either you just get used to it being lit, don't pay attention to it, or stick a small piece of black electrical tape over the light to cover it up...

And sorry, I don't really know what size tires to run on those 17" tC wheels, I have 18" x 7.5" wheels on my xD, so I'm running 225/40/18's - you'll need to check with someone else who uses them - but you'll want to keep the outer diameter of the tire the same size as the stock tires were, so it doesn't throw off your speedometer and odometer. Larger wheel, lower profile tire... the stock 16" wheels use a 60 series tire, so as a wild guess, the 17" wheels would need a 50 series tire...? Someone here, help us out with proper tire sizes for tC rims on an xD...

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 11-09-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote