Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rally xD (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903)

CXTKRS1 04-06-2011 01:42 PM

Will be interesting to see how the engine holds up after long term use. If the 1.8 can hold together with at lest six psi then I think their will be some significant interest generated by this...now will Greddy make a kit for the general population is another story.

Whack-A-Mole 04-06-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 (Post 10235)
Will be interesting to see how the engine holds up after long term use. If the 1.8 can hold together with at lest six psi then I think their will be some significant interest generated by this...now will Greddy make a kit for the general population is another story.

@ CXTKRS1 it does pay to be objective. Think posative man! I am really pumped for this. Our compression is not to high, but I wonder about our fuel system or afm. @ Rally XD did you guys have to upgrade anything? Fuel pump/injectors/afm/fuel rail ect? I'm religiously following your blog, and loving it!

Rally xD 04-07-2011 10:27 AM

Turbo Scion xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 (Post 10235)

Definitely something we are all wondering about. The E-manage is set at 2 different setting, one at 4 psi, the other at 6 psi. The dual settings will allow the driver some options during the stages. We hope to have some testing sessions soon prior to the next race event.

Whack-A-Mole 04-07-2011 10:37 PM

Since you announced the winner to the caption contest, could you also tell us your favorites that didn't win?

Rally xD 04-08-2011 08:30 AM

There were a lot of really good submissions. So much participation that we are going to have another giveaway, this time something even cooler. Stayed tuned for that post online on the team site for contest and prize information.

Rally xD 04-11-2011 12:01 AM

We're giving away a new HD GoPro camera for the next competition/giveaway.

Post with details online at the team site this week.

xd_kidd 04-11-2011 12:32 PM

I deff. Gotta have this lol

Skeeno 04-11-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally xD (Post 10322)
We're giving away a new HD GoPro camera for the next competition/giveaway.

Post with details online at the team site this week.

Nice.

I have always enjoyed rally and now that I have an xD and you guys rally the xD, it's like a match made in heaven.

Whack-A-Mole 04-12-2011 04:45 PM

Fill us in on that new clutch! Aftermarket parts are hard to find, and I went to ACT's website (probably not up to date) and they didn't have a kit readily available. So the fact you found one is awesome! It's obviously performance oriented, but what all does it include? Is it lighter, just more friction, does it include a lighter flywheel, and does the part coincide for another vehicle and fit our car as well? Religiously watching, all bow down before the mighty Rally XD!

Rally xD 04-13-2011 12:13 AM

Clutch

Rumor has it that an existing off the shelf clutch is compatible. Getting info from our techs and ACT soon. Will post up info asap.

Whack-A-Mole 04-13-2011 08:12 PM

Well, I'll go ahead and guess. Yaris clutch?

Rally xD 04-13-2011 10:29 PM

Giveaway details are up..go check them out.

Waiting on info on the clutch. Hope to get them for you this week/weekend.

xd_kidd 04-13-2011 10:49 PM

Ima say corolla clutch

Rally xD 04-14-2011 08:22 AM

Yeah I heard it could be. I also heard it could be a Celica, MR2 and even Lotus.

Whack-A-Mole 04-14-2011 11:50 PM

I was reading your blog, and saw that before Chris left he wanted the XD turbo charged. All I can say is god bless that man, and wish him well in his future ventures.

Rally xD 04-15-2011 08:59 AM

Who doesn't want more power right! Last years goals didn't have engine development in the plans. This year...different story. Plus now with ACP driving, had to do it. It'll be interesting to see even with the turbo how he'll pilot a car with less then 1/2 the power of his standard rally race car.

xd king 04-15-2011 09:40 AM

i want more power, i have 6 renderings done for the contest already just gotta send them in

Rally xD 04-17-2011 09:50 AM

We look forward to seeing all of your renderings. Send some finished ones in.

robbiej 04-17-2011 01:39 PM

I need to print up a few of those pics and get out the crayons, get to coloring, lol.

simmons0613 04-17-2011 01:44 PM

Oh hell ya. I'm hoppin' in on this one. I can finally apply my designs to an xd.